If a property owner wishes to finance a Custom Product after their HERO Financing
Application has been approved, the property owner must apply for approval of the
Custom Product before purchase and installation. To do so, the property owner must
complete the Custom Product Application and provide attachments that support information
- The Custom Product they wish to install
- The cost to install
- The basis for eligibility (energy savings, water savings, or renewable energy production)
The WRCOG HERO Program will determine what additional documentation must be submitted.
During Custom Product Application review, the WRCOG HERO Program may request additional
documentation or additional contractor bid(s) for the proposed Custom Products if
it is determined that the submitted bid(s) appear to be unreasonable as to cost
The WRCOG HERO Program reserves the right to deny any Custom Product Application.
Reasons for denial may include any of the following:
- It appears that the proposed Custom Product is not cost effective;
- The claimed energy or water savings or renewable energy generation are not clearly
- The Custom Product is too experimental or unreliable;
- The costs do not appear to be in conformance with industry standards;
- Installation of the Custom Product may violate local laws or regulations; or
- Any other reason determined valid by WRCOG.
If Custom Product Application is denied, the WRCOG HERO Program will provide a written
Important: All products eligible for HERO Financing must meet minimum eligibility specifications.